The John B. Russwurm House is an historic house built about 1810, and was from 1812 to 1827 intermittently the home of American abolitionist and Liberian colonist John Brown Russwurm (1799-1851). This house is the only known property in the United States associated with his life.
The Russwurm House is located on the northwest side of Ocean Avenue (Maine State Route 9), between Gleckler and Wellington Roads. It is set back from the road, just south of the Church of the Holy Spirit. It is a typical Federal period 2-1/2 story wood frame structure, with a five-bay front facade and side gable roof. It is one room deep, and has a center entrance with a modest Greek Revival surround that includes sidelights and pilasters. A single-story ell extends to the rear on the left side, its gabled roof perpendicular to the main roof. The interior has a narrow stair in the entrance vestibule, with a Greek Revival parlor to the left and a Federal period parlor to the right. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.